Because we believe life begins at conception, we felt that our unborn babies deserved names. It has been helpful in the grieving process to have some distinction between the pregnancies. It also helps to make a nearly symptom free pregnancy more real...when I can be tempted to give in to the notion that maybe it wasn't.
We chose names for both of our babies without ultrasound confirmation of their sexes. We had a sense that our first child was a girl, and our second was a boy. Coincidentally, we chose a name that starts with M for our first baby and a name that starts with J for our second. I kinda like that without planning it they have Matt and I's initials :) So for future reference, I may refer to our first two pregnancies as "M's" or "J's" and I may say "her" or "his."
Right now I'm not ready to share their full names with the whole world...perhaps I'll get to a place where I can one day.
No comments:
Post a Comment