There is a pregnant girl in one of my classes.
Most people think she is crazy for going through nursing school with a baby on the way. I've heard lots said about her pregnancy: "Like we're not stressed enough, adding a newborn on top of everything is going to be ridiculous...I'd die if I found out I was pregnant during the program...she's not going to finish..."
Today, the girl was part of a group giving a presentation. A classmate of mine turned to me and said, "Jeez, I'd hate be pregnant right now!"
I was tempted to respond, "Oh really!? I'd give anything to be pregnant right now..." Instead I just bit my tongue and pretended to be intrigued by the presentation.
I don't understand why our two pregnancies ended early. I probably won't on this side of Heaven. One thing I do know and understand is that children are a blessing, even if the timing of their arrival doesn't seem ideal in our small and limited minds.
I'm praying that I will boldly speak truth the next time I'm faced with the opportunity to share my belief regarding the blessing that children are.
No comments:
Post a Comment