Thursday, February 10, 2011

Asher Jorgen {his name}

During my pregnancy, Matt and I decided that we would wait to choose a name for our son. We wanted to see him first and allow God the opportunity to give us clarity on who our child is. There were several names that we liked and we agreed that Matt would choose which name "Baby J" would receive after birth. After all four grandparents were in the delivery room, Matt said our son's name for the first time...

Asher Jorgen Johnson


Asher is a name that both Matt and I liked even before we met! While we were dating, we discussed names we liked and were shocked and excited to hear each other say Asher. We prayed that God would one day bless us with a son whom we could name Asher. Asher means "happy" and is from the Old Testament. Asher is one of Jacob's sons, one of the twelve tribes of Israel. I love this verse {Genesis 30:13, "Then Leah said, “How happy I am! The women will call me happy.” So she named him Asher."} I can so relate to Leah's happiness :)

Jorgen is one of Matt's middle names. It is also the middle name of his great grandfather. Matt's paternal great-grandfather was Andrew Jorgen Johnson. {He went by "AJ"} We decided that we'd love to honor Matt's family by continuing the name Jorgen and taking the nickname "AJ" as well. We'll call Asher "AJ" as he gets older ~ I mean how cool will that sound over the loudspeaker at sporting events ;)

We love our little Asher Jorgen!

No comments:

Post a Comment