Had another pre-natal visit today...it went spectacularly {is that a word!?}
I'm 12 weeks, 2 days pregnant! Excited to move into the second trimester :)
Blood pressure and weight are looking good. No concerns from the doctor as far as my health is concerned. I still haven't gained any weight...am still several pounds down from when we first found out, but the doctor isn't concerned. She says that weight gain or loss in the next 4 weeks isn't an issue. Either way is fine by her. She says starting at 16-18 week though the pounds will start packing on. {I'm actually really excited for that! haha}
My nausea has significantly decreased which has been wonderful. I still feel a bit nauseous at night and early morning, but it's leaps and bounds better. God definitely provided the Grace to get through the month + of all day nausea and vomiting. I am incredibly thankful to be on this side of that struggle.
After the mommy check-up, they used a doppler to monitor the baby's heart rate. It was AMAZING! My eyes welled-up when I heard that fast swooshing heartbeat. It was beating at 160 beats per minute :) This heart rate is totally normal for 12 weeks!
Another huge milestone for this pregnancy, is that I can discontinue the use of the supplemental progesterone I have been taking!!!! Last night was the last dose required! Those of you who know me well, know that I despise taking any kind of medication. I will do everything else possible before taking something...so it was a challenge to be diligent to take my progesterone daily for the past 9 weeks! Again, God provided all the necessary grace to get me through.
I've been cleared to travel...which is a relief because Matt and I have a relaxing get-away planned for sometime in August!
The doctor was incredibly sweet and very encouraging today. She was excited for me, especially in light of our past. I'm feeling very blessed today!
My next appointment will be the 30th. That will be another general check-up. Then the appointment following that, we'll have the BIG ultrasound where we'll find out whether we're having a boy or a girl!!! {I can't wait for our gender reveal party!!! wanna come??}
Praising God for this loving kindness and faithfulness...
No comments:
Post a Comment